Potential students were (a) not engaging with the content and filling out the request for information form and (b) not recognizing that the program was online.
I worked in tandem with our Senior Copywriter to rework both the content and design of the page. Here are some of the items that we updated:
To clarify that it was an online and not campus-based program,I highlighted the word “ONLINE” in the program title. I also pulled the content up higher on the page by decreasing the height of top image.
I visually-aligned all of the contact information into the right column with the logo and the request information form to make all of this information easily to scan for users.
The outside agency that originally designed the page displayed paragraph after paragraph of content, making the page hard to scan for vital information that users want to find at a glance. The copywriter re-wrote the content to break it up so that it was easier to digest. I then laid out the page design to have more visual breaks and ‘call-outs’ of important information. This included: breaking out the specialisms; highlighting student opportunities; and highlighting the fact that 100% of graduates found graduate-level employment withing six months of graduation.
Based on information provided by brand management, unqualified candidates were filling out the form, so clearly they didn’t see the qualifications on the previous design. To remedy this, I created a call-out section at the bottom of the page where I broke out the duration, start dates and requirements so users could clearly find this information when scanning the page.
View the before and after versions below: